Monday, March 28, 2011

Philippine Ghost

by: Carrin Canos


What is a Ghost?
           A ghost - or spirit or apparition - is the energy, soul or personality of a person who has died and has somehow gotten stuck between this plane of existence and the next. Most researchers believe that these spirits do not know they are dead. Very often they have died under traumatic, unusual or highly emotional circumstances. Ghosts can be perceived by the living in a number of ways: through sight (apparitions), sound (voices), smell (frangrances and odors), touch - and sometimes they can just be sensed.
Ghost stories from Philippines
A Ghost Boy in the Car

by: amakajaku

            It was 8:30 in the morning, we got all up to go grocery shopping and buy supplies for my cousin's birthday. When we were all ready to leave, I was the first to get in the car (2nd hand mitsubishi Pajero) since I don't put on make-up. I was silently enjoying the car music. I didn't notice my aunt going up to the back seat. She claimed she saw a spiky-haired boy beside me looking at the opposite side to where my aunt was. She thought the boy was my youngest cousin, I only notice her saying "Miguel, where's your brother?" I looked at her wondering why she's calling me Miguel (Name: Denice). When the actual Miguel came up to the back seat, my aunt was shocked she saw the real Miguel. Looking back to the back seat where I was, she also got shocked the boy was no longer there.
         Even before this happened, there were numerous counts of farts but no one was farting at all. Even if the car was 2nd hand, it was still running at a fine condition. We got scared each time we left on a trip with that car. My father even saw the boy in the back seat through the rear mirror. We were all threatened by this spiky-haired boy. We went on this trip just to bless the car to be protected from evil spirits. It never happened again, we never saw the boy nor notice one of his farting.

A Little Girl In My Room

by: Pinkyred77

             During my college days I lived in 6 different apartments in Cebu City. I only had major scary experiences in 2 of these places. The first one was in my uncle's rented apartment and the other one was the 5th one I rented. I usually occupied a whole room.

The 5th apartment was an old two-storey house made of wood. It had 3 rooms. 2rooms upstairs and my room downstairs. The big room upstairs was occupied by my other 4 housemates (all of us were ladies). The other one was occupied by a medical student. I occupied the room downstairs.
              One night, I was so exhausted I slept like a log. Then in the middle of the night, I suddenly woke up to the sound of a little girl's voice humming in my ear. It sounded like a lullaby. As I was opening my eyes, I saw the fading figure of the little girl in a lacy white dress leaning her elbow on the bed just beside me looking at me while humming a song. She was gone in 2 seconds. She looked very friendly, but it still scared the hell out of me. I didn't go back to sleep that night after that incident. Too scared the little girl would show up again.
             The following night, I slept upstairs in the big room with my other housemates. Of course I told them about it, and they believed me. Their room upstairs was dark even during the daytime. That night, I had a nightmare. I think it was another episode of a sleep paralysis. I saw this big hairy hand holding my arm pinning me down. I couldn't move. As I lay there, fighting it, I prayed the Our Father repeatedly. It was like I was struggling for the words. Then suddenly it went away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment